1. Recognize the different clinical expressions of children exposed to alcohol during pregnancy
– What is FASD (All Troubles Caused by Alcoholization of the fetus)?
– Know how to diagnose a child with FAS (Fetal Alcohol Syndrome).
– Understand the neurobehavioral troubles of these exposed children.
2. Accompany children exposed to gestational alcoholization
Training of actors prevention
– Identify the course of a child diagnosed with FAS at birth
– What to do for a child exposed and apparently healthy at birth
– Know how to perform testing of a child having school failure which you suspect prenatal alcoholization as the main cause
3. Allow the detection of alcohol consumption of the mother
– Know the tools to « open dialogue » Know how to listen, evaluate consumption, estimate the risk for the pregnancy coming, to recognize the difficulties of the mother.
– Encourage the woman to stop her drinking
4. Know how to provide information without ambiguous abstinence to alcohol during pregnancy
– What are the effects of moderate alcohol consumption during pregnancy.
– Inform about the harmfulness of alcohol during pregnancy and recommend total abstinence on the recommendations of the French Society of Alcoholism
5. Alcohol-dependent women: ensuring support this multidisciplinary care in a health system
– Support to weaning by relying also on other actors in the prevention
– Understand the existing devices that can be mobilized in your area with the doctor as federator of this prevention.